Fr. Michael Sparough with music by Aaron Niequest, from the Willow Creek Community Church in Barrington, IL. have produced a CD called The Examen, It is a guided meditation for reviewing the graces and challenges of our day. This practice was considered by St. Ignatius Loyola the most important prayer we could pray each day!
Listen to this heartfelt interview with Fr. Michael and Aaron on spiritual development, The Examen, and our relationship with Jesus Christ: Fr. Michael and Aaron Niequist – Click on names to watch video
Cd cover: Ignatius Portrait by Holly Schapker www.hollyschapker.com
The Daily Examen Steps:
- God, I believe at this quest moment I am in Your presence and you are now loving me. Come Holy Spirit.
- God, I acknowledge Your love for me in the various gifts for which I am very grateful. Thanks be to God.
- God now help me now to review the events of this day in order to recognize You in all parts of my life. Lord, I want to see.
- God, please forgive me the times I have fallen short and strengthen my attempts to follow You. Lord have mercy.
- God, enlighten me that my future choices praise, reverence, and serve You above else. Show me Your way.
- Conclude with an Our Father.